April 4, 2015

an easy moss centerpiece for Easter




I just finished a simple moss and fern centerpiece for my Easter table.  My Italian fruit dessert plates were my starting point for the table, and I knew the look I was after was relaxed, and a little fun.  

Yesterday I ran into Home Depot to get a few things for the house, and I decided to check out the garden department for a little inspiration.  

I ended up buying 3 six packs of Scotch Moss and a pretty fern to use pieces of.  I like the woodland Spring feel of all the greenery.




I started with the Scotch Moss 




and an inexpensive 12" plastic pot liner.




I simply placed all the moss around the perimeter and then filled the middle.




All eighteen little plants fit perfectly!





I had some wide burlap ribbon, which I just wrapped around the piece to conceal the plastic.  A few branches of the fern I bought were added to soften the look of the burlap. 

Pretty yellow nasturtium from my garden add a little color, along with a vintage bunny and some Cadbury eggs, of course! 





happy easter! 

fabiana



1 comment:

Vickie said...

Very pretty. Love your idea for the centerpiece.

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...