February 26, 2016

book review: patina farm




I'm a huge fan of Brooke Giannetti’s design work and her blog “Velvet & Linen”, so I was honored to receive a copy of her new book “Patina Farm” to review. 

This gorgeous book is a collaborative effort between Brooke and her talented husband, Steve. Brooke’s personal account and Steve’s whimsical sketches provide an inspiring story of the construction and design of their home Patina Farm in Ojai, California. 


     

Throughout the book, they share 150 extraordinary photographs that are so detailed and beautiful, that you feel as though you are invited right into their home.  Brooke and Steve spent years planning their home that was mainly inspired by travels both domestic and abroad, particularly in Belgium and France. 

On their travels, they chose antique materials like Terra Cotta roof tiles, rustic fountains, reclaimed barn beams and other architectural elements that bring the warmth and texture and compliment the new white plaster walls, clean glass and steel elements that they envisioned as a backdrop for their treasure trove of collected artifacts.  




They stuck to a natural palette that works nicely with the indoor - outdoor lifestyle that connects the interiors with the lush landscape. The outdoor spaces are just as amazing as the interior ones. Flowing white roses, fragrant lavender and shady sycamores dominate the landscape. 

The Giannettis created Patina Farm as a casual and comfortable home for their whole family, which also includes a collection of pets perfect for this European-inspired farmhouse! African Pygmy goats, miniature Sicilian donkeys and hens add a dreamy timeless quality to this property.  




These are some of my favorite images from this book, but are only a few of the gorgeous pictures that encompass Patina Farm









Patina Farm is now available on Amazon and you can visit Brooke at her blog Velvet & Linen for all the latest!



ciao! fabiana


💕

While I’m here today, I wanted to share some of my "Tablescaping Essentials" with you. I have a whole page on the Amazon website with my favorite picks for setting a beautiful table.

Quite often time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to Amazon for one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items they have to offer! And I'm constantly updating this page with my new favorites. 




You can check it out here, at Tablescaping Essentials.






5 comments:

Sunday Taylor said...

This book looks fabulous. Thanks so much for the review. I loved seeing the photos of this amazing property in Ojai. It really is dreamy!

Brooke Giannettti said...

Thank you so much!!! What a beautiful review.

Xoxo
Brooke

Thehouseofhampton said...

I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on this book. I have her first one and went to a book signing in Montecito. An extremely talented couple, sharing the process of design. Beautiful design executed perfectly!
Great review!
Sharon

Moj Beli Cvet said...

Beautiful review! I have the first book.Yes I will be needing this one also.
Enjoyed
Moj Beli

Moj Beli Cvet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...